Here is Visa Information for Nepal . A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kodari on the Nepal-China border.
Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
To renew a Visa you can go to the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
Please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival at the airport (TIA) if you have not acquired Visa prior to boarding the plane.
- 1st Step
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form ( you can fill it up prior to your arrival visiting our official website Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get submission Receipt with barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- 2nd Step
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
- A valid passport and one passport -size photo with a light background.
- Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
- Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
The following visa fees will be effective from 17 July 2019 (as per the Nepal Government’s decision made on 26 May 2019. Source: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/post/notice-regarding-visa-fee-updates):
VISA FEE DETAILS
|Tourist Visa Fee Details||Previous Visa Fee||Changed Visa Fee that will be in effect from 17 July 2019|
|15 Days (Multiple Entry)||USD 25||USD 30|
|30 Days (Multiple Entry)||USD 40||USD 50|
|90 Days (Multiple Entry)||USD 100||USD 125|
|Visa Extension (Within Valid Visa Period)||USD 2 per day||USD 3 per day|
|Visa Extension (With Multiple Entry)||Additional USD 20||Additional USD 25|
|Visa Extension (After Visa Expiration)||Late fee USD 3 per day||Late fee USD 5 per day|
|Study Visa Fee Details||Previous Visa Fee||Changed Visa Fee that will be in effect from 17 July 2019|
|New Visa or Visa Extension for students and their dependants (Degree Program)||USD 20 per Month||USD 30 per Month|
|New Visa or Visa Extension for students and their dependants (Non-Degree Program)||USD 50 per Month||USD 75 per Month|
|Bhutanese students and their dependants||USD 10 per Month||USD 15 per Month|
|Dependants of the students receiving waiver on visa fee as per MoU between Universities||USD 10 per Month||USD 15 per Month|
|Foreigners and their dependants for teaching and research purpose||USD 40 per Month||USD 50 per Month|
|Non-Tourist Visa Fee Details||Previous Visa Fee||Changed Visa Fee that will be in effect from 17 July 2019|
|Foreigners with Nepalese Origin||USD 5 per Month||USD 10 per Month|
|Journalists and their dependants||USD 10 per Month||USD 15 per Month|
|Foreigners working in offices or project directly affiliated with GoN and their dependants||USD 20 per Month||USD 30 per Month|
|Foreigner married with Nepali Citizen||USD 10 per Month||USD 15 per Month|
|Relatives of foreigners having marital relation with Nepali Citizen||USD 15 per Month||USD 25 per Month|
|Foreigners and their dependants working in organizations having contract between donor country and the Nepal Government and funded by the donor country||USD 30 per Month||USD 50 per Month|
|Other foreigners working in Nepal||USD 60 per Month||USD 75 per Month|
|Business Visa Fee Details||Previous Visa Fee||Changed Visa Fee that will be in effect from 17 July 2019|
|Foreigner and their dependants having an investment more than NRs 100 million (Multiple Entry Visa for duration less than a year)||USD 10 per Month||USD 20 per Month|
|Foreigner and their dependants having an investment more than NRs 100 million (Multiple Entry Visa for a year)||USD 100 per Year||USD 200 per Year|
|Foreigner and their dependants having an investment more than NRs 100 million (Multiple Entry Visa for five years)||USD 300||USD 500|
|Foreigner and their dependants having an investment equal to or less than NRs 100 million (Multiple Entry Visa for duration less than a year)||USD 30 per Month||USD 35 per Month|
|Foreigner and their dependants having an investment equal to or less than NRs 100 million (Multiple Entry Visa for a year)||USD 300 per Year||USD 400 per Year|
|Residential Visa Fee Details||Previous Visa Fee||Changed Visa Fee that will be in effect from 17 July 2019|
|New Visa with Multiple Entry facility||USD 200||USD 500|
|Visa Renewal with Multiple Entry facility||USD 100 per Year||USD 200 per Year|
Gratis (Free) Visa
- For first visit in one visa year (January to December) , gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However, visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Nepal Visa For Indian Nationals
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals traveling to Nepal by air must posses any one of the following documents.
- Election Commission Card
Nepal Visa For Chinese Nationals
As per official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals applying for tourist visa to Nepal are being provided “gratis tourist visa” from Jan. 5, 2016, from following Nepali missions in the People’s Republic of China:
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate General of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate General of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
Other Visa Information
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
Visa Extension for Nepal
Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
Learn more about applying for Nepal visa online by clicking here Online Visa Application for Nepal.
For further visa information for Nepal, please contact: Department of Immigration Kalikasthan, Kathmandu
Tel: +977 1 4429660, +977 1 4438862, +977 1 4438868, +977 1 4433934
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Also read from this Blog