Nepal offers a number of domestic flights that give you access to all parts of the country. Often, it’s best to take a local flight to save yourself long drives when you only have a short amount of time in Nepal. Kathmandu’s domestic terminal is next to the international terminal and can be quite busy during the spring and Autumn. It’s best to check in at least one hour in advance (1.5 hours in busy season).
Booking Your Flights
Most airlines offer the same prices and safety standards for domestic flights. You can book your flight with a travel agent in Thamel, online through the airline’s website, or have it included in your organized tour package . Be sure to bring your passport to the airport for check-in.
Baggage allowances vary depending on whether and travel fare . If you’re flying into the mountains than weight is more of a factor. Trekking poles (along with any sharp objects, lighter, oil) must be stowed in your checked-in luggage.)
|Mountain flights||10 kg.||5 kg.|
|All other flights||15-25 kg.||5 kg.|
Some Airports Namelist in Nepal (Only 10 Included)
- Tribhuvan International Airport
- Nepalgunj Airport
- Pokhara Airport
- Gautam Buddha Airport
- Lukla Airport
- Tumlingtar Airport
- Bharatpur Airport
- Simara Airport
- Bhadrapur Airport
- Biratnagar Airport
Floor Information of Tribhuvan International Airport
- Snacks, Tea,Coffee and confectionaries.
- Souvenir Shop
- Nepal Telecommunication Corporation Counter
- Currency Exchange (PraBhu Bank)
- Post office
- TIA Aerodrome Duty Office with information services
- Hotel Association Nepal – Reservation counter for hotels.
- Tourist Information Center – Center provide a variety of information for visitors, including brochures in English and other langauges.
- Airlines Check-in Counter
- Baggage wrapping Service
- CIP Lounge
- Duty Free Shop
- VIP Lounge
- Press room -1
- Press room -2
- Transit Security Check
- Free WiFi and Nepal Telecommunication Corporation (Domestic direct dial telephones, Free local phones are in the concourse nearby)
- Airport Restaurant
- Money exchange counter
- VAT refund counter
- Tribhuvan International Airport is equipped with lifts, escalator, special washrooms and other facilities for handicapped persons.