Tourism is an important economic sector In Nepal. Nepal has a comparative advantage in tourism due to Its Natural, Cultural, Historical, Religious, Ethnic products and its geo-political location. Over the last few decades its importance has been realized at various sections of Nepali society. Tourism is appearing In Nepal as a fertile sector for employment generation. In addition, it helps in distribution of its revenue yield to wider circles of society including far flung villages and backward communities. It threads together diverse people and communities for a unified economic activity. It can also cater to business as a small enterprise and that of big international investment.
However, climate change and over exploitation of certain tourist destinations has posed some threats on sustainable tourism. Nepal has made efforts in preserving natural and cultural resources. Conservation of forty four percent land area as national park or protected area and doubling the number of tiger population over few years are some of the success stones of Nepal in the area of conservation of natural heritage and products. Nepal wants to share its efforts and initiatives in global forums and join hands in promoting sustainable tourism.
Government of Nepal has designated tourism as a priority industry and is committed to formulating and improvising laws and rules conducive to investment in tourism sector. It has adopted liberal sky policy, has encouraged foreign direct Investment (FDI) and has sensitized all people about the Importance and benefits of tourism. Local and Provincial governments have also prioritized tourism sector in their plans and policies. 15′” Five Year Plan projects the contribution of tourism to national GDP by 10%. National campaign. Visit Nepal Year 2020 has been announced with a goal of two million international arrivals per annum.
A high·level gathering of tourism ministers In Nepal from around the world to coincide with the Inaugural Ceremony of Visit Nepal Year 2020 on 1st January 2020.
Theme for the Ministerial Conclave
Sustainable Tourism through Preservation of Natural and Cultural Heritages
Objectives of the Conclave
- Objective of Ministerial Conclave 2020 is to Share initiatives taken by respective countries for sustainable tourism
- Make joint initiatives to fight against climate change and preservation of Natural/Cultural heritages/products
MINISTERIAL CONCLAVE Program Modality
- The ministerial Conclave 2020 will be graced by Rt. Hon Prime Minister of Nepal Mr. KP Sharma Oli as Chief Guest
- The Conclave will be chaired by Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal
- Few exclusive papers (optional) will be presented by tourism experts of Nepal or other countries
- Foreign tourism ministers will deliver their statements (5 Minutes each) sharing their experiences of tourism development and promotion through preservation of Natural and cultural heritages/products
- Kathmandu Declaration well be issued at the closing of the Conclave
- A post-event tour and mountain flight will be offered to the guests. A brief program is enclosed herewith. Government of Nepal would be pleased to take care of extended pre or post event trip of dignitaries so that they would enjoy their New Year vacation in Nepal.
A BRIEF TENTATIVE PROGRAM FOR INTERNATIONAL DELEGATES
(3 NIGHTS 4 DAYS)
Arrival of the Guests and Hotel Transfer
- 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Mountain Flight
- 1:OO p.m. VNY2020 Inaugural Ceremony
- 4:OO p.m. – 6:OO p.m. Ministerial Conclave
- 6:OO p.m. – 8:OO p.m. Dinner followed by Cultural Program
- 9:OO a.m. – 1O:OO a.m. Fly to Pokhara and Hotel Transfer
- 1:00 a.m. – 2:OO p.m. Pokhara Sightseeing/Paragliding
- 2:OO p.m. – 3:OO p.m. Lunch
- 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Free Time
- 6:OO p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Dinner, then Hotel Transfer
- 9:OO a.m. – l0:OO a.m. Fly to Bhalrahawa and Hotel Transfer
- 11:00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. Visit Mayadevi Temple, Lumbini
- 2:OO p.m. – 3:OO p.m. Lunch
- 3:OO p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sightseeing of Lumbini Garden
- 6:OO p.m. – 7:OO p.m. Dinner, then Hotel Transfer
- 9:0O a.m. -1O:OO a.m. Fly back to Kathmandu, Hotel Transfer